UK Annual Report 2018
In 2018, Action Against Hunger UK continued to lead the way in providing coverage monitoring and nutrition information services to the Action Against Hunger network and stakeholders in the global nutrition sector. This technical expertise was critical in ensuring that efforts to scale-up treatment were both respective of context-specific barriers/boosters to treatment, and effective in their implementation.
Action Against Hunger UK’s key activities in 2018 included:
- Leading the translation of the Global Research Agenda for Acute Malnutrition to initiate new research activities and funding from donors, and so filling critical gaps in the evidence.
- Working with our Action Against Hunger network and global partners to ensure robust research uptake strategies are in place to support uptake and use of emerging evidence.
- Providing technical support into the design and implementation of economic evaluations and cost-effectiveness studies in our key research on treatment, including the ComPAS study, C-Project Phase 2 in Mali, and the iCCM Kenya.
- Leading the ComPAS follow-up study to assess longer-term body composition following combined and simplified treatment for acute malnutrition in Kenya.
- Working with the UK Operations Team and Action Against Hunger Network to update and expand the research section of the Knowledge Hub, ensuring the latest updates on key areas of research are publicly available.
- Expanding the State of Acute Malnutrition website, a platform for country and global level data, resources and updates on acute malnutrition. In 2018, based on user feedback, the site was upgraded and expanded, and more data visualisations are planned for 2019.
- This technical leadership is critical in ensuring that our efforts to scale-up treatment respect context-specific barriers and boosters for treatment, and that they are effective.
Read the report for more on Action Against Hunger UK’s achievements, along with an in-depth summary of its financial activities in 2018.